Are you preparing to host a cocktail party? Then it is important to know what food goes best with the different kinds of wine. Here’s a rundown as culled from the Wine Folly site:
- Dry white wine is best paired with vegetables, especially roasted ones, starches such as bread, and fish.
- Sweet white wine is a perfect match for cheese (both soft and hard cheeses), cured meat, and sweets.
- Rich white wine goes best with soft cheese, starches, fish and other seafood, and white meat.
- Sparkling wine is compatible with cheese, starches, and fish.
- Light red wine can be complemented by roasted vegetables, starches, seafood, white meat, and cured meat.
- Medium red wine can be partnered with roasted vegetables, hard cheese, and with meats (white, red, and cured).
- Bold red wine is best paired with hard cheese and red & cured meats.
- Dessert wine goes best with soft cheese, starches, cured meat, and sweets of course.
Lastly, as important as the food and wine that you will serve at your cocktail party is the china and stemware that you will use. We suggest John Aynsley Pembroke Oval Serving Platter with Gold Trim and Waterford Araglin Claret Wine Glass.
Or visit our website Classic Replacements for more options. The possibilities are endless!